Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Been a while...

Sorry folks it's been a while since I last posted, I have been busy training. Lately it's been how "insane" can I go. 10 - 15K runs though ice and snow sometimes reaching 1-2' drifts, laps up and down snow covered sled hills (usually after or during a 10K) and 5k runs broken with a hour of weights have been the norm. Get pieces of motivation , inspiration and fucking determination from readings and friends have occupied my time. This last weekend 5 miles at an 8:20 pace seemed like nothing. However that was followed by a trip to the climbing gym where I continued the S&M that has become my weekly training. It looks like it's going to get harder and harder. Adding weights while I run and do the incline and running on shitty and shitty ground (to help build core strength) have been a blast. Climbing goals have helped fuel this level of training as well as just self determination to "Party on".

I should add that the Rock & Ice Bloggers brawl ended with me in 6th place, not bad if I do say so myself. Thanks to those that voted!

No comments: