Sunday, June 17, 2007

Back from the Red River Gorge



Reese, Me and Natasha goofing off in front of Miguels Pizza

I'm back from my three day Climbing trip to the Red River Gorge, however i'm still recovering. :) Reese and Natasha did a good job in kicking my ass. I think I ticked off something like 15-18 climbs ( I lost count). I lead a good number of 5.8 and 5.9s, the best lead was a long 85 Foot 10 bolt climb called Dyn-o-mite (5.9)! Fantastic! I was also able to tick off a few 5.10s (follow or Toprope) including a crimpy slab of a 5.10d called Porcupine lips located at the Military wall.
I met some really fun folks from Canada and a family from Michigan which I hope to climb with again sometime. I wish I had a few more days down there to climb with them some more!

Yesterday I did a calories recovery and nap day from my trip (3 full meals). I didn't eat much (at least it didn't seam like it) on my trip. During the day was mostly granola and some form of Clif bar. Dinner was either pasta (cooked by Reese and Natasha) or something from Miguels. Miguels is a neat little pizza/pasta/salad/sandwhich/breakfast place and climbing meca for the Red River Gorge area. An institution as it were.

I hope to get back down there at least one more time before the end of the year! Though climbing in Canada sounds like fun to.....



No comments: