Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New goals and gear.

Goals:
This morning I decided to go for 2.25 miles without breaking to walk for 60 breaths. With a time of 20:14 I did it. At the 18 minute mark I was about to walk until I saw the stop sign meaning I had finished the loop around the lake/pond thing. I picked up the pace in attempts to finish under 20:00, so I just made it. But tomorrow I am going to try for a little further. using google earth I have different routes picked out till I can get up to 3 miles. 3 miles in 25 minutes is my goal. Which I think will put me around a good shot to go for a 5K race in the spring.


Gear:
The last few weeks I have been hunting for a new jacket, something warm, windproof, and not bulky at all, i.e. something I could perhaps go ice climbing in. After checking around at a few different websites I managed to find this little puppy from Mountain Hardware. Should be coming in the mail in the next few days, we'll see how it fits. Along with it I ordered a handle bar mount for my Garmin GPS, which will be fun as soon as my Bike gets out of the shop.

No comments: