Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Weekend: 5.10's

I spent the weekend climbing in the gym. Something about outdoor in 95+F weather and 80% humidity...didn't sound fun.

I did finally get a route (Pretty in Pink) that has been pissing me off. It looks so damn easy, except for the crux. (The crux is around the blueish oval shaped hold) Talk about a balance-y move. My though through the whole thing was "Don't scrap your glasses on the wall". Real fun climb, even though it's in a gym.

Over the last month or so I started to take Franck's advice and started to climb a grade or two above what my mind thinks is the limit. Combined with the lesson that Natasha taught me in the Red River Gorge (Tricked me in to climbing my first 10a). (Thanks you two) I find myself being able to climb in to the 5.10s and even attempted the occasional 5.11.

This has also taught me that grades are all subjective. A 5.whatever could be a 5.something else where (or hell even in the same place). Just do it if it looks fun. So...in the words of Natasha.... 5.fun!


Info about the 5. scale Yosemite Decimal System

No comments: