Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Weekend:

Yay! to a good weekend. Saturday's trip to Devil's lake got canceled because of the weather. No worries. I got up at about 6:30 with the pups and got ready for my run, while I was stretching I thought to myself, "oh....why not". I decided to go for the 6ish mile run around the forest preserve located near by. It sunny and around 70 degrees when I started off. During the span of the about 55 minute run I walked for about 3-4 minutes. Not bag for my first go at that distance. The furthest I had run before was 3.11 miles. After running and nice big birthday boy breakfast I watch a bit of TV and then hit the climbing gym for an hour or so. Not a bad time climbing, I climbed the crack and tried the alternate route, with no luck. The afternoon was spent shopping with Kristen, I stopged by REI to pick up some gear with birthday money. I'm heading to the Red River Gorge in a week or so, so sport draws where on my shopping list. :) Trader Joe's was also a destination. After getting home we decided to have a quick impromptu small gathering. Thank you to Dave and Robin who got me a membership in the American Alpine Club. Mmmmm...rescue insurance...

Sunday we also got rained out of our planned trip to Devil's Lake, however we made a trip to VE with Franck and Robin. And....almost a year to the day of my first climb... I got my Lead Certification! The instructor over looking the test nicked named me "The Tank". I found it amusing :) The rest of the day I spent leading 6 more routes, ranging from 5.6 to 5.9. All in all.....a darn good weekend.

Thank you all who made this weekend fun and to those that called me to wish me a happy birthday!

No comments: