Saturday, December 23, 2006

Saturday morning:

The dogs got me up at 3:00, 5:00 and 7:00. After 7:00 I gave up on trying to go back to bed. Scout is still in recovery (she sprained her hind leg last week at the dog part) so I skip the normal Saturday morning game of fetch in the back yard. She is recovering well, she can put about half her body weight on it.
About 8:00 am I went for my run. 1.47 miles. Good time. I got a lot of funny looks from people because I only had on my Under Armour (which is light brown) and a t-shirt on over that, which from a distance, really looks like I'm running in short sleeves. And when the morning temperature was a lovely 36 F and 10-15 mph winds...You get some fun looks.
Getting back I cooked a breakfast of eggs and smoky links, which Kristen as excited that they finally have up here in the northern part of this state.
After breakfast I got ready to go climb Mt. Libertyville. I met up with Dave and Reid had decided to come out and join me. Such a fun morning. We climbed a lot...... Even met up with a guy named Patrick, climber from out in Colorado who was back visiting family for the holidays.
Granted I stayed there for almost 4 hours today and I still keep getting stopped by the second crux of the the route with two roofs......I'll fucking get it........

Merry Christmas!

No comments: