Friday, February 5, 2010

2009 - In a nutshell

Well, I haven't been on for... oh... lets just say "Awhile".

To sum up the last year:

Jan: did my first ice climbs, had fun though it was easy WI3 about 5-6 pitches.

Feb: Got out to Devil's Lake to Climb. Had to hike though about a foot of snow and climb on wet cold quartzite. Was "fun"

March: Took a fun trip to the Red River Gorge. Made some new friends and saw some old friends. Took my largest whipper to date, about 20-25 feet. I love my #3 C4.

April: Climbed, ran, trained. Started planning for my summer trips. Canada and Wyoming.

May: Climbed, ran and trained harder.

June: Remolded the house, installed new floors.

July: Headed west to Wyoming: What a grand adventure: Full trip report here.

August: Headed up to Canada and shitty shitty weather....

September: Had fun climbing and relaxing.

October: Same as September, climbed when I could and relaxed.

November: Headed down to the Red River George and had a very humbling experience on a 5.7. And started building my home climbing wall.

December: Finished up the bouldering wall . Started to work on a home training program for myself. (Still working on it...) My dog, Scout, had mega surgery to replace her left knee. She is currently 75% recovered.

If I had to pick one picture to sum up 2009 it would be:
Summit of Pingora in the Wind Rivers range
2010 so far:

January 2010: Started climbing more serious Ice. I hope to start leading ice next season.

February 2010: First blog post since 2008....

No comments: