Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend: Dude, have you climbed "naturals" before...?

Rain rain rain rain rain....shale I say that again? It Rained all weekend. The poor pups didn't get out at all. The slept a lot and every now and then decided to play in the house... Now 200+ lbs of dog playing in your living room...i'll leave it at that.
Saturday morning I was crazy enough to go running even though there was a small sprinkle when I started. Though it progressed to a shower after about 10 minutes. I ran 2ish miles. Lately I have been just going out running, not tracking time or distance. I know about what certain routes are, but eh, not gonna get technical with it. Then mowed the front yard and it was off to the climbing gym. Did a few climbs and finally was able to traverse the whole wall clockwise. My next goal is to do it counter clock-wise and then i'll see where that leads. The traverse is about 110 foot around the "rock" and depending on how much you up and down climb while you traverse you can make it a 150 foot "climb" though side ways.
Saturday night I went to Brian's house and spent the evening chatting about everything and anything. Generally focused around living different places, work and climbing. Ended up getting home about oh...1 am.
Sunday, went to VE for the day (due to this crap-tastic weather we've been having around here) . Not a bad day, didn't get any leading in , but I took a go at an 11a, didn't make it to far... :)
When I was waiting for these two guys to finish up on a route (looked fun)...Long story short... I got a kick out of it when they asked me if I had "climbed naturals" before, also kindly pointing out that they where in fact different from "holds"...I smiled and nodded...oh...a few times...

No comments: